PhD and MA Fellowships in German Studies
Davis, CA, USA, 15. January 2021.
University of California, Davis’s graduate program in German, including the M.A. and/or Ph.D., is delighted to announce a number of (departmental) fellowships that provide full tuition- and fee-waiver as well as living stipends for incoming students.
Our M.A. and doctoral students are trained in all major periods of German literature and culture from the early modern era to the present. Our departmental faculty strongly encourages interdisciplinary work and offers expertise in the following areas, among others:
- 18th-21st-century German literature
- gender and sexuality studies
- postcolonial and transcultural studies
- film, television, and media studies
- German-Jewish literature and thought
- Holocaust studies
- Asian-German literary and cultural relations
- linguistics and secondary language acquisition
- trauma studies and psychoanalytic theory
- life writing: memory and memoir
UC Davis’s graduate programs are also well supported with a range of interdisciplinary “Designated Emphases” (graduate minors), including in fields such as Critical Theory, Cultural Studies, Studies in Performance and Practice, Feminist Theory and Research, Classics, and Human Rights.
Applications are reviewed through April 1, 2021. Fellowship priority will be given to applications submitted by January 15, 2021.