Postdoc - sensor media, algorithmic accountability and explainable AI
Siegen, Germany, 19. October 2020.
We have a 2+1 year full time postdoc opportunity in the field of sensor media, algorithmic accountability and explainable AI. The candidate would be supporting us bringing together interdisciplinary research on sensing and sensor based technologies at the University of Siegen and work on the interdisciplinary project „Organizing human and non-human cooperation: the case of cyber production management“ together with designers and engineers. The media studies part of the project is run by Dr. Marcus Burkhardt and Prof. Dr. Carolin Gerlitz. German language skills are not required to apply.
You can find more information on the project here https://www.uni-siegen.de/phil/medienwissenschaft/personal/lehrende/gerl... and details about the job below.
If you have questions regarding the job or troubles meeting the deadline, please get in touch with me via email: email@example.com
*Postdoctoral Research Associate Media Studies*
The University of Siegen is an innovative and interdisciplinary university with 18,000 students and a wide range of subjects ranging from humanities and social sciences to economics and natural engineering and life sciences. With over 2,000 employees, we are one of the largest employers in the region and offer a unique environment for teaching, research and further education.
In Faculty I – Faculty of Philosophy, Media Studies, we are looking for a postdoctoral research associate at the earliest possible date under the following conditions:
* 100% = 39,83 hours
* Salary category 13 TV-L
* fixed-term period of two years with a possible extension of one year
* Contribution to the project “Organizing human and non-human
cooperation - the case of cyber production management” in
interdisciplinary cooperation with production management and
* Investigation of the media-technological and media-practical
conditions of Algorithmic Accountability and Explainable AI
* Conception, organization and documentation of project meetings and
* Participation in the organization and administrative planning of the
project and networking with other research initiatives on "Sensing
and Sensibility" within the university
* Presentation of the research project at relevant international
* Publication of research outcomes in relevant international journals
* Teaching in the BA and MA programs in media studies
* The teaching commitment is 4 semester hours per week
* Above-average doctorate in one of the following disciplines: media
studies, cultural studies, ethnology, sociology or science and
* Independent research interest in the field of sensor media,
algorithms, human-machine interaction or artificial intelligence or
a related research area
* Willingness to participate in the organization and coordination of
* Readiness for interdisciplinary cooperation
* Willingness to participate in the development of applications for
* Relevant scientific achievements (publications, lectures)
* Ability to work in a team, creativity and very good communication skills
* Fluency in spoken and written English
* This position aims to promote the candidate’s scientific or artistic
qualification (Habilitation) according to the Act of Academic
Fixed-Term Contracts (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz), for which
the ongoing media research in Siegen together with the Collaborative
Research Center 1187 “Media of Cooperation” and the GRK 1769
“Locating Media” offers an enabling environment. The opportunity for
this is provided within the scope of official duties.
* Responsibility for a field with great creative potential
* An agile environment that supports engagement with innovative
* The opportunity to make a visible contribution towards modern
accounts of leadership, cooperation and diversity culture
* Numerous offers such as flexible working hours, company pension
scheme, dual career service, coaching/mentoring and a comprehensive
personnel development program
We look forward to receiving your application by 19.10.2020. Please apply exclusively via our application portal (https://jobs.uni-siegen.de). Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications in paper or by e-mail.
*Your contact person:*
Prof. Dr. Carolin Gerlitz
Equal opportunities and diversity are promoted and actively practiced at the University of Siegen. The call for applications is explicitly aimed at people of all genders (m/f/d); applications from women are given special consideration in accordance with the NRW State Gender Equality Act (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz). We also welcome applications from people with different personal, social and cultural backgrounds, people with disabilities and those of equal status.
Prof. Dr. Carolin Gerlitz
Professor Digital Media and Methods
University of Siegen
Room AH 129
Sekretariat: Vera Beer, AR-H 410