Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer -- Mixed Reality (AR/VR)
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 13. January 2019.
Apply now Job no: 570373
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Communication & Design
At RMIT Vietnam, we believe that creative minds should be challenged, inspired and cultivated. The School of Communication & Design is building Vietnam’s creative leaders of tomorrow through interdisciplinary programs in the fields of communication, design, architecture, fashion and film.
Our unique programs embed theory and technical skills within creative and professional practice to ensure that graduates are both knowledgeable and work-ready. The emphasis throughout teaching and our student’s work is to be Experimental; Ethical; and Exceptional.
The aim of the School of Communication & Design over the next 3 years is for RMIT Vietnam to be acknowledged as having the most respected creative school in Vietnam.
The role & key responsibilities
The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer – Mixed Reality will be expected to contribute to the teaching, research and service efforts of the University, within the School of Communication & Design, specifically within the Bachelor of Design (Digital Media) Program.
The successful candidate will lead the Augmented and Virtual Reality area and manage and provide strategy for a Mixed Reality Studio. The successful candidate will also actively promote the area by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry, and professional communities.
Key selection criteria
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or PhD (for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) roles.
- Proven teaching proficiency in Mixed Reality (AR & VR)
- Ability to manage and provide strategy for a Mixed Reality Studio
- Experience in building content with Game Engine
- Some programming knowledge for Mixed Reality
- Experience in course and curriculum design in related areas
- Actively engaged in design practice.
- Recognised research and/or exhibition profile.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
Download File Information Pack - Foreign Candidates.pdf
Download File JD_Design_ Senior Lecturer, Mixed Reality.Sep2018.pdf
Download File JD_Design_ Lecturer, Mixed Reality.Sep 2018.pdf
Download File JD_Design_ Associate Lecturer, Mixed Reality.Sep2018.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent) where applicable.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Application deadline: Jan 13, 2019.
Advertised: 25 Sep 2018 SE Asia Standard Time