Advertising in the Post-Google Era
Journal issue, 14. September 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Editors: Cristina Martorell (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain) and Carolina Serra (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain)
Deadline for receiving papers: 14/09/2018
Publication: December 2018
The transformations that the Internet has undergone in recent years have meant that, despite its relatively recent appearance, this medium is already in a mature phase. The speed at which these changes have been taking place has left little margin to reflect on the implications that they have had for advertising communication and the actors involved. The objective of this monograph is to therefore rethink the role of the Internet within the framework of advertising communication and evaluate what its effect has been on consumers, brands and agencies. While users transform their own personal brand into a business, companies find new ways to make a profit from their products and learn to communicate symmetrically with consumers. In parallel, the professional sector tries to adapt to the new rules of the game by reconceptualizing business and organizational structures and by consolidating new professional roles that encompass both information technology and communication. In turn, the educational sector has been forced to revise its degree programs –yet again– in order to guarantee that students acquire the skills and knowledge that the professional sector demands.
Papers should be sent by the 14th September 2018.In order to submit original papers, authors must be registered with the journal (www.tripodos.com>) as authors. Following this step, authors must enter their user name and password, activated in the process of registering, and begin the submission process. In step 1, they must select the section “Monograph”.
/Trípodos/ is a international scholarly journal published by the Blanquerna School of Communication and International Relations at Ramon Llull University. Since 1996, the pages of this biannual publication have offered a forum for debate and critical discussion with regard to any discipline related to the world of communication: journalism, cinema, television, radio, advertising, public relations, the Internet, etc.
- Is indexed inSCOPUS and in Web of Science (WoS) - Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) database.
- Occupies the 5th position in the IN-RECS index (2011 edition).
- Is in category C of the CIRC classification (Integrated Classification of Scientific Journals).
- Is indexed, among others, in the following databases and catalogs: Ulrich’s periodicals directory, EBSCO Publishing, Communication Source, DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), ERIH PLUS, ISOC, DICE, MIAR, Latindex, Dulcinea, REBID, Library of Congress, British Library, COPAC, SUDOC, ZDB, OCLC WorldCat, Dialnet, Carhus Plus+, RACO.
- Has an h5-index of 9 in Google Scholar Metrics (2012-2016) and an h5-median of 13.