Cinema and Social Issues
led by Karolina Kosińska, Ewa Fiuk
last active on 16-02-2022
This workgroup is intended to bring together scholars interested in cinema/film dealing with social issues:
- social realism and other conventions of social cinema;
- strategies of presenting and expressing social issues on the screen(s);
- tension between the societies/communities and its cinematic images;
- social identity of cinema;
- ideological potential of narrative strategies;
- social determinants in cinema production culture;
- transnational aspect of social cinema;
- local and global impact of cinematic representations of social issues
- migrant, postmigrant and transmigrant cinema(s);
- transcultural/transnational structures in contemporary cinema: narratives, aesthetics, plots, production conditions, distribution, reception
- film as migrating art
Through this work group we intend to create a forum for the exchange of ideas and information concerning our research, and also to organise sessions and seminars.
To get access to all workgroups you must become a NECS member.
You will need to be approved by workgroup lead.