led by Dr. Aida Vallejo, Dr. Maria Luna
- Documentary / newsreel
196 members, 76 posts, 14 documents
last active on 10-10-2021
This group brings together scholars working on the field of documentary film (in the wide sense of the term, also labelled as non-fiction cinema). It aims to create a space for exchange of both theoretical and practical approaches to the genre and its various areas of study:
- Documentary Film Aesthetics (trends, sub-genres,...)
- Narrative Structure and Rhetoric of Documentary Film
- History of Documentary Film
- Documentary Film Traditions / Schools
- Documentary Film Festivals
- Non-fiction as Avant-garde
- Documentary Production/Distribution Industry
- Independent Cinema and Documentary
- Anthropology / Sociology and Documentary
- Television vs Cinema in the Documentary Field
Any member of NECS working on these fields (or just interested in this rich area of film studies) is invited to join.
More information and contact in our blog: https://www.ehu.eus/ehusfera/researchondocumentaryfilm/necs-documentary-...
To get access to all workgroups you must become a NECS member.
You will need to be approved by workgroup lead.